Jo's Angels

Have you ever had a friend you can share everthing with??... well that explains me!!

Monday, September 05, 2005

To Rip or nut to Rip???

I believe it was November 1999. The place was Craddock - very small, very hot dorpie(town), the event the Lions Rally(then a favorite Biker jol) . It was the first rally I ever attended and that was in the days before I became a biker myself. I was approached by a friend to help on the Entertainment Committee. We organized and participated in all the games and competitions held during the course of the weekend. Yes, this was a whole weekend affair!!! This is also the first time that I met the guy this is all about. He was there with his fiance of the time. We had just about finished all the competitions for the night and was busy packing up and clearing all our stuff off the stage. This was in a very big tent and the stage was assembled around one of the main supporting poles. The two guys, nicely plastered, decided that they had to proceed up this pole and see who could go the furthest. Peter(aka Ripnuts) took the one side and went up first. He went all the way to the top and came sliding back down. When he reached the bottom, he fell and could not understand why he could not stand on his legs. By now, we are all in a pretty drunken state and thought it extremely funny - obviously not thinking anything was wrong. Bill took his turn, but climbed up the other side of the pole and had to go all the way, despite being at least 20 years older than Ripnuts. He came down and after a perfect decent, we decided that he was the obvious winner due to his perfect descent and the fact that he didn't fall. We(Ripnuts included) proceeded to have some celebration drinks and all retired to wherever it was we all slept. Still not knowing the seriousness of Peter's injuries. After about an hour's attempt to sleep, we heard an ambulance that came to fetch our friend and took him off to hospital. It would appear that his fiance realized that he was actually bleeding profusely. On his decent down the pole, he actually hit a protruding nail(the thingy that was inserted at two joints in the poles) and this literally ripped his nuts. I remember the fiance telling us that she saw her future children vanishing. He was obviously stiched up and sent home. Now, with this thing happening amongst a bunch of bikers, it was obvious that he would have earned himself a name and thus Ripnuts were born.

10 Comments:

  • At 3:40 AM, Blogger kyknoord said…

    Oweeee! That's the kind of story that makes everything clench. I'll bet if they produce a warning label like 'consumption of alcohol has been linked to testicle damage', the sales of booze will plummet.

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger LiVEwiRe said…

    You are sooo right about it being a typical biker thing to do, then try to outdo one another. Or maybe that's just guys in general...lol. Now we know why you see weird labels on things..."Warning - protective gear must be worn when mounting pole." Definitely earned that nickname! Yeowch!

     
  • At 12:18 PM, Blogger ChittyChittyBangBang! said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    You'd think he'd have learnt his lesson eh? But no, I'm afraid our buddy is still prone to these brain-fart ideas.
    But Boy, he does provide some good laughs!!!
    Well told, Buddess!

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger ChittyChittyBangBang! said…

    Ouch Ouch Ouch!! I instictively cupped my hands over my crotch when I read this. That would have hurt so much!! Thank God for the alcohol.
    I trust he suffered no permanent damage?

     
  • At 12:55 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    I'm not such an accomplished writer as all of you clearly are, but I tried. Hope you all had fun with this one. And yeah, there should be more warning labels on those bottles. Maybe my next one should be of my friend Stompie.

     
  • At 1:18 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Gillian - I am already drooling just thinking about it...

     
  • At 5:28 AM, Blogger Bosbefok said…

    Hmmm.... I also remember dashing naked from one warm indoor pool to a cold outdoor pool and back in OB,s induced stupor in mid winter,and crashing by bike flat out off the end of the dragstrip , through someones campfire and over 2 tents before being pitched down the mountainside...... ,sleeping in a puddle of alcohol when the cap came off the wine bag i was lying on and diving into a tent before undoing the flyscreen and being unceremoniously spat out onto the grass in front of the whole crowd..... Or was that my evil twin ?

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger It is the question said…

    Oh my word!

    Poor guy. Those injuries are always embarrasing and unbelievably painful.

    Like the time when I was playing action cricket and my batting partner drove a ball straight at me - me already running towards his end at full tilt.

    It hit me in the balls and I collapsed. After a hospital visit the next day, all was pronounced OK - except for brusing that took about a week and a half to become less painful.

    And I was sober.

     
  • At 12:23 AM, Blogger Framesby 86 said…

    Bosbefok - hmmm!!! I also remember running from a warm to a cold and back to a warm pool. I wasn't naked though. Wasn't B with you also?

    IITQ - Hopefully no lasting injuries on your part. At least you could blame your friend and not the alcohol. Eina.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home