Jo's Angels

Have you ever had a friend you can share everthing with??... well that explains me!!

Monday, September 12, 2005

How long does toiletpaper last in your house??

We have just had a week from hell. Let me explain. We are 4 adults and 2 babies co-habiting. Sunday last week friends came to visit. A typical Safrican Sunday visit - F1, braai, brandy, rum, etc(yes, even on a Sunday). She failed to mention that she and the little one had just had a bout of gastro. Needless to say, within hours it had spread to our house. First up was my other half(Mr B), then it was his fathers turn. This was Monday. Monday night and Tuesday was my turn. Tuesday night belonged to my 17 month old and Wednesday it was Sakkie's turn. I haven't mentioned him before. He lives in our granny flat, but is very much part of the family. Then Mr B's children came to visit (Friday) and yesterday morning we awoke with the 12 year old paying Ralph a visit. My little girl(6 months) has so far avoided it. Then to my shock and horror, I read an article in the Herald this morning about Delmas in Johannesburg being hit by Typhoid - 120 cases and over 1200 people infected with gastro. I stood in line at a chemist on Sunday to buy Immodium and Valoid - tried and trusted remedies - and there was 5 other people buying exactly the same stuff. The chemist sold the last boxes to me. I think the guy behind me wanted the same, because when she told me it was the last of her supplies, I just heard a hurried scuffle behind me. Don't know if he was rushing to the next chemist or the toilets just down the corridor.

So back to my title question and here is my answer - 15 rolls in 7 days. Now isn't that just like flushing money away?

3 Comments:

  • At 3:53 AM, Blogger Bosbefok said…

    Didnt understand a word of it ....
    oh wait...there werent any :-) Ha HA HA !

     
  • At 3:56 AM, Blogger Bosbefok said…

    Bummer Buddess !! I mean Literally BUMMER !! Hate that shit !! etc etc ... You should get a LOT of funny comments on this one :-) So you had a crappy time of it ?..... :-)

     
  • At 5:03 AM, Blogger kyknoord said…

    My dad used to berate us for wasting toilet paper. “Toilet paper doesn’t grow on trees”, he’d say. Actually...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home